Thursday, October 26, 2006

revenge of the orc

the other night, i was tuning in to wow, and decided i have a new goal.

i'm not going to concentrate on levelling up. that's a waste of my time. that's inevitable. and quests are boring me to tears.

but, i've noticed there's heaps and heaps of wacky animals about. there's all sorts of funky creatures out there and sometimes i can't find a quest involving them.

like, i found some chimaera creatures in one area of the map where i was supposed to be killing harpies - but i had so much fun trying to kill a chimaera which was four levels above me. i won that one on my third try - by an axe sweep. brilliant stuff, and highly entertaining.

so now i'm wandering the maps in search of new creatures to kill - in particular anything funky and flying or dragony. i want to kill a dragon. that's my goal - kill the creatures. unique and funky alike.
it began, then, with a hydra. summoned from the deep as part of some quest (probably one of the most interesting ones i've had yet), i did battle with it as it emerged from the ocean with a rage i held back with my trusty axe - with ease.

smashing it to bits, i entertained myself by kicking it while about me the idyllic sound of waves, gulls, and the desperate cries of the hydra's followers weeping as i destroyed their religion.

brilliant stuff.

now i'm about to go find some centaurs.

centaurs.

wonder what they look like.

i hope they die well...

No comments: